When you’re looking for marriage counseling, you want to make sure it’s someone that both you and your partner will feel comfortable with.
You can find thousands of therapists online and pick the one that matches your needs perfectly. An African American therapist will understand and be sensitive to the different issues that affect you in your relationship with partners of different races.
The best black marriage counseling online- Reclaim
Regain is a mental health platform specializing in couple’s treatment. It connects people and couples nationwide to the care they need at a price that’s affordable for all.
Regain has licensed African American therapists from all over the U.S., which lets you search availability by city, state, or zip code. Get your counseling process started in just a few hours by finding a therapist that works for your schedule
Examples of African-American marriage counselors at Regain are
Regain is a popular choice for people seeking African-American therapists. You can find dozens of licensed professionals on our platform, including
Dr. Jude Austin is a Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC) in the state of Texas and Virginia, as well as a Licensed Marriage and Family Therapy Associate in Texas, and Nationally Certified Counselor and Certified Clinical Mental Health Counselor.
He has a Ph.D. in Counselor Education and Supervision from the University of Wyoming, and also works with couples to help them re-introduce intimacy to their lives. He’s been helping men for ages, and also has lots of experience dealing with issues around fatherhood.
He’s the perfect choice for clients who are more comfortable with a man. He also has extensive experience working with couples and individuals navigating divorce and separation.
Jessica is an African-American marriage and family therapist practicing in NY. He has been licensed since 2012.
With a warm and collaborative approach, this couples therapist deals with a range of interpersonal issues. Alongside career challenges, she helps couples deal with addiction, parenting, anger management, and other related problems.
All of Sheila’s therapeutic approaches include Client-Centered Therapy, Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT), Motivational Interviewing, and Solution-Focused Therapy
Rabiia is an African-American licensed marriage and family therapist with a Bachelor’s degree in African American Studies. She specializes in trauma recovery using dialectical behavioral therapy
She’s worked with Muslims, Wiccans, and Pagans in addition to LGBTQIA clients. She has experience in working with clients diagnosed with several different mental disorders, including Borderline Personality Disorder (BPD), Bipolar I and II, Generalized Anxiety, Major Depressive Disorder, Dissociation, Schizophrenia and Schizoaffective Disorder.
She also has experience with clients who required Anger Management and Domestic Violence awareness training, as well as parents that work with Child Protective Services.
What is Regain? How does it work?
Regain specializes in couple and marriage counseling so don’t hesitate to get in touch with them for more info.
You start off on Regain by answering questions about yourself, your relationship, and the type of therapy that you are looking for. This is an efficient way to enter your personal information without having to browse through entire sites.
An example of something you could specify is what you hope to solve in your therapy session, for example improving sex & intimacy or sorting out a fairer workload. You can state whether you would prefer a male or female counselor, older or younger, etc.
After answering a few quick questions, our algorithm will match you to a counselor in your area. Once matched, you can message your therapist–the session is then set up for you
What makes Regain’s black marriage counseling sessions stand out?
- It’s easy to find African-American couples therapists on Regain. All of the therapists listed on the site are licensed as marriage and family therapists, clinical social workers, professional counselors, or psychologists.Every one of them has at least 3 years and 1000 hours of experience in this field.
- All of the counselors on Regain have experience working with individuals and couples in improving their relationships. Choose the type of relationship you want to improve, say infidelity or mismatched libidos, and you will be matched with one of our qualified therapists.Our therapists can help you learn tools for healthy communication, boundary setting, and intimacy. We will work with you to identify what kind of relationship you want to have going forward and the steps necessary to make that happen. Above all, our therapists will empower you
- Marriage Counseling is one of the most important issues for African-Americans nowadays. That said, not only are there plenty of local providers on our site but there are even online sessions you can do remotely with a therapist from anywhere!
- Online counseling with Regain offers a way to overcome a challenge that hinders your ability to move forward from life’s challenges without having to wait until you can find the time for an office appointment. You can have sessions through chat, phone call, or video conference – no matter where you live.Distance doesn’t make a difference. You can engage in therapy sessions from your laptop, phone or tablet. Whether it’s late at work or you don’t want to deal with traffic, you can continue therapy sessions without interruptions.
- It can be tricky when you’re trying to talk about something important but the time runs short. Some people like to prepare for longer sessions in case that happens.Other couples prefer to have several shorter sessions throughout the week, as issues might come up. You can choose however many sessions you’d like at once with Regain-you never want to be stuck in a crisis & not know what to do.
- Regain protects your privacy. The messages you send to the counselor are protected and encrypted, and your therapist doesn’t have access to any of your personal details or payment information. You might even want to keep a pseudonym once you sign up with Regain. Security is always a priority for us!
Pricing for Regain
A monthly subscription to Regain costs just $40 to $70 per week. The cost covers your counseling sessions, use of the platform, and unlimited messaging with your therapist. You can pay through credit card or Paypal. You can choose to cancel your subscription at any time.
In Conclusion on Black marriage counseling online
Online black marriage counseling makes it easier than ever to find an African American therapist near you. Regain connects you with licensed therapists across the nation so you can build the best therapy plan for your marriage without ever leaving your home.
Were Sorry This Was Not Helpful!
Let us improve this post!
Please Tell Us How We Can Improve This Article.