Violence, abuse, and natural disasters happen to most, if not all of us. It’s normal to go through some sort of traumatic experience.
Early childhood is pivotal in shaping us into who we are, but sometimes what happens to us can have a lasting impression. This includes things like emotional neglect that can leave the wounds hard to heal from.
You might have heard about all the studies showing EMDR therapy to be an effective treatment for trauma. This includes difficult situations like this.
But did you know that EMDR can also be done online? A therapist is available to provide this breakthrough therapy in the comfort of your own home.
Even if you don’t live near a therapist who practices EMDR, you can start implementing this fantastic therapy to solve your emotional ailments.
Best online service for virtual EMDR therapy – Betterhelp.com
Betterhelp is an online platform that connects you with therapists across all of America. EMDR counseling is one of the many services they offer.
Betterhelp therapists combine new and sometimes experimental treatments with established and conventional methods and then work with clients to find what seems most fitting.
Examples of certified EMDR therapists from Betterhelp
Maranda is a certified EMDR therapist. She has experience working with adults, adolescents, and children.
Maranda has helped clients with personality disorders, impulsivity issues, drug and alcohol addiction, and process addictions (porn, gambling, and exercise).
Other issues she has experienced include family conflicts, grief, parenting issues, self-harm, career difficulties, dissociation, and communication problems. Maranda is a safe space-client relationship and its based on mutual understanding. She gives her clients the power to take charge of their own mental health.
Alex is a psychotherapist that offers online EMDR treatment. He’s been a professional for over 25 years and can offer you expertise in trauma & addiction. When not working on the project, he helps people deal with trauma and abuse, Bipolar disorder, career difficulties, self-esteem challenges, parenting issues, and more.
As a professional psychotherapist, he aims to provide a space where his clients feel safe and free to express themselves without judgment. In order for this to happen, it’s necessary to have a diverse range of therapeutic skills. Below are some of the approaches he uses:
Alex provides a holistic, attachment-based approach to counseling. This includes therapies like Jungian theory, trauma-focused counseling, and more.
Catherine is a certified EMDR therapist and professional counselor. She has experience working with mothers and pregnant women, addiction, anxiety, anxiety disorders (e.g., OCD), depression (including bipolar depression), eating disorders (e.g., anorexia nervosa) suicide prevention; relationship issues including infidelity, co-parenting & blended families; anger management; sleep disorders
Catherine uses EMDR, along with other kinds of psychotherapy like Attachment-Based Therapy, Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT), Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT), Mindfulness Therapy, Motivational Interviewing, Solution-Focused Therapy, and Trauma-Focused CBT.
How does BetterHelp Work?
Once you’ve signed up with the Betterhelp platform, you need to answer a few quick questions regarding your basic profile including your age, which country you live in, and whether or not you have a partner.
You will also have the chance to answer a few questions about any symptoms you’ve been dealing with, such as sleep problems or suicidal thoughts. You can select from a list of issues you would like to work on during our sessions, such as anxiety or depression.
Your answers will help customize your sessions. After you submit your responses you’ll get an email with information on how to choose a therapist who best meets your needs & preferences. You can also browse therapists’ profiles or request one for a specific need, like depression. With the help of your match, you’ll be able to message them and set up a session that works well for both of you. It’s just that easy!
What makes Betterhelp stand out?
- Each of the BetterHelp therapists are licensed professionals with advanced education. Among them are psychologists, social workers, marriage & family therapists, and professional counselors. They all have either a Ph.D or M.A in their fields of expertise.They have three years of experience before they joined Betterhelp, which is about 1000 work hours. This gives them the necessary tools to appropriately counsel you on the phone.
- Betterhelp has a ton of therapists who offer virtual EMDR therapy. Meaning you can visit with them at home and start your sessions right away.
- And now, Betterhelp is making things even easier for you. With a wide variety of online sessions available to clients, you can have your therapy from the comfort of your bedroom. Choose between live chat, phone calls or video sessions – whichever one’s more convenient for you. You can also have a long session or several shorter ones – it’s completely up to you!
- All of your information is private with Betterhelp. Messages to and from your therapist are encrypted and secure. You can keep this completely confidential by pretending to be someone else in order to sign up with them.
- All of the female life coaches on Betterhelp are licensed counselors, psychologists or clinical social workers. They all have a Masters or a Doctorate Degree in their field.They have been qualified and certified by their state’s professional board after successfully completing the necessary education, exams, training and practice.They have the experience and knowledge to help you out whenever you need it.
A subscription to Betterhelp costs just $40 to $70 per week (billed every four weeks). Use PayPal or a credit card to pay. Your therapist doesn’t have access to your payment details. You can cancel your subscription at any time.
What is EMDR and how can it help you?
EMDR is a type of therapy aiming to help people move past traumatic memories. It involves recalling these memories repeatedly while the therapist guides their eyes side to side or top to bottom. The idea behind this type of therapy is to help people who have experienced unprocessed trauma within their life process these feelings and let go.
Memories of traumatic experiences can make it hard to sleep and additionally lead to other issues such as depression, anxiety, or unexplained pain. By working through your trauma, you may be able to reduce the stress & discomfort.
The American Psychological Association recently listed EMDR as an evidence-based treatment for PTSD.
EMDR therapy is the latest and most up-to-date in cutting-edge trauma therapies. You can experience it in the comfort and privacy of your own home after an online consultation with a professional therapist to process your past traumas.
If you’ve undergone any type of trauma, the EMDR therapy might be helpful for your he
Were Sorry This Was Not Helpful!
Let us improve this post!
Please Tell Us How We Can Improve This Article.