How much is online therapy? It’s a common question with no definite answer. Online therapy can start at very low prices, but rates can vary greatly depending on factors like the providers you choose, the qualifications of your therapist, whether or not you have insurance or any other specialized equipment needs.
This article examines the four largest online therapy sites and their pricing, showing you that the cheapest option may not always be the best value for money.
Do you know which online therapy sites offer the highest quality of service? We gathered information from a variety of sources to provide a list of what we considered as the best options.
We are one of the world’s largest networks of licensed and qualified professionals like psychologists, therapists, social workers, and more. Betterhelp provides you with access to the right therapist for your needs. They have professionals who are experienced in most different types of mental health or addiction issues. BetterHelp counselors all have at least three years and 2,000 hours of hands-on experience before joining the platform. This ensures that you will receive individualized counseling, couples’ counseling, and counseling for teenagers.
However, Betterhelp may not be right for you if you are diagnosed with any of the following conditions:
- Thoughts or hurting yourself or others
- A minor or under the age of 18
- In the middle of a urgent crisis
- Have a severe mental illness or have been advised to be in psychiatric care
- One is required to have therapy by a court order.
The online therapy cost for Betterhelp is:
- Unlimited access to your counsellor through messaging, live chat, phone calls and video calls for between $40 dollars and $70 per week. You will need to schedule live chats, live phone or live video interactions in advance with your counsellor on a monthly basis.
7Cups was founded by a psychologist and is the largest mental health platform in the world. They are experts in providing emotional support services, as well as being the most popular mental-health platform out there right now. They provide support services for people in distress. Free trained listeners are there to support you day or night, while the organization’s peer community & self-help guides may be helpful if you’re looking for non-professional or personal help. These services are free and available at any time.
7Cups offers affordable online therapy with qualified and professional therapists. The online therapy price includes:
- 7 Cups offers unlimited messaging as part of a monthly subscription for $150. Their therapists will only reply once or twice a day Monday to Friday, but clients can message as often as they need/want to.
Talkspace is one of the biggest online therapy platforms and they’ve got over 5,000 therapists. Their therapists can understand your situation and help you make positive changes in your life.
What is the price for an online therapy session? Talkspace is a therapy subscription service, and sessions occur through safe messaging. They offer 3 monthly plans:
- Unlimited Messaging Therapy Plus: $260 monthly for text, audio and video messaging. Your therapist will respond to important messages daily, five days a week
- Unlimited Messaging Therapy Premium: Monthly fee of $316 includes unlimited texts, audio and video messages as well as 1 live session a month. A therapist will respond to your messages daily, five days a week.
- LiveTalk Therapy Ultimate provides text, audio, and video messaging plus 4 sessions monthly. Your therapist will respond to messages daily five days a week.
Myonlinetherapy offers the best medical therapy. Whether it’s video, live chat or daily messaging, they can help provide a variety of different treatments such as:
- Acceptance and commitment therapy
- Cognitive analytic therapy
- Cognitive behavioural therapy
- Couples therapy
- Dialectical behaviour therapy
- Dynamic interpersonal therapy
- EMDR (Trauma) therapy
- Mentalisation based therapy
- Mindfulness-based cognitive therapy
- Narrative therapy
- Psychodynamic therapy
- Schema therapy
- Systemic (Family) therapy
Myonlinetherapy costs depend on which plan I choose.
- A video plan for face-to-face sessions with your therapist. It comes with a free online assessment and live conversations, and is billed at £49 for 30 minutes, or £99 for 50 minutes.
- A communication plan for a messaging conversation with a therapist. This includes a free online assessment and live conversation with your therapist. The cost of communication is £49 for 30 minutes of conversation.
- A daily coaching plan where your therapist will respond to you as often as you need. This costs £75 per week.
What is the best value for money in the end?
7Cups was the cheapest option for online therapy but it’s not necessarily the best value for money. This is most likely because your therapist doesn’t do video or phone calls. With 7Cups, our therapists will respond to messages at least twice on weekdays.
The best value for money when it comes to therapy is through myonlinetherapy.com. Firstly, you get the convenience of being able to access treatment online which is great because there are no geographical limitations. Secondly, the psychological intervention has been proven to be more effective the earlier in life you receive it which means Myonlinetherapy.com offers even more benefits!. The first reason is due to the wide variety of different therapies that are on offer for you to choose from, meaning that you get a unique experience especially suited for you and your situation. If one type of therapy doesn’t suit you then there are plenty more to choose from.
This can be more of a benefit for some people who are only looking for a certain amount of sessions. Rather than having to pay the whole amount upfront, you can decide how many months out you would like to prolong the therapy. This makes it a great option if you have a tight budget or are not sure how much mental health treatment you need. Sometimes you might want 4 sessions and sometimes just one. The good thing is that online therapy comes at an affordable rate, so it’s perfect for those on a tight budget or who don’t know how many sessions they want yet.